CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

November 23, 2008

Twilight, the movie.


My expectations were low, I didn't want to set myself up for disappointment. Can I tell you I loved it! I went with my Mother, Sister, one niece and her friend. The theatre was silent. There were sparkles in the air. The theatre was packed and we had stood in line one hour early to pick our seat. (No pun intended.) I am easily entertained and was mesmerized by the character portrayals and the special effects and scenery. I haven't read the books for quite sometime and rarely re-read things....but I may consider starting over again. I know there was a lot left out but those can just be our special secrets. If they could have put everything in it would more likely have been a mini-series or an afternoon soap opera. I plan to see it again, hopefully take my husband.


With that all said, I have talked to a lot of people who did not enjoy the film. Their theatres were uncomfortable and loud. I feel bad for them and would tell them to maybe plan to go again and take someone different to see if their take on the whole thing changes.
I wish I were a Vampire.

5 comments:

Netter said...

Me tooo, it was fun going with you and Mom, what a great girls day, Thanks for being a great Sister.

seesuerun said...

I liked it too. Its fun to read what you thought.

Heidy said...

I am glad that you posted that. I havn't seen the movie yet... I wasn't sure if I wanted to but I think I will when it comes here. I am glad that you liked it. (hey I don't know if you have read the partial draft of Midnight sun (Twilight from Edwards perspective) but I would highly recomend it. I liked it better than Twilight. It is on stephanie meyers websight.)

Jackie said...

I loved it too. I saw it twice in a row. The first time we had some girls behind us who had dragged their boyfriends along. They were making kissing sounds and me and my friends almost kicked them out ourselves. I still loved the movie though. Then next time I saw it, I thought it was a little sappier and I could see where the stupid boys behind us were coming from a little bit, but I still loved it again. It is a fun movie just to sit back and enjoy. I felt like it was like reading the book in 2 hours. It was really fun. I wish I could have been there to see it with you guys.

Nikki and Matt said...

Chris! I just found your blog on Lexi's page! I still haven't seen twilight but I'm glad to hear you liked it! I better go see it soon! Love you!